“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Friday, October 2, 2009

Why I don't read fiction . . . very often




Just finished a book I started yesterday. This is one reason why I don't read fiction . . . at least very often. I get sucked in and can't set a book down.

These books, Chasing Vermeer and The Wright 3 are written by Blue Balliet. Andrew is reading the first one right now, and the Wright 3 is the sequel.
Great stories--they have mystery, math, secret codes & patterns, art, architecture, and they take place in Chicago! I enjoyed looking up Vermeer on the Internet and learning more about his paintings. After finishing the Wright 3, I must return to Chicago to tour the Robie House. (I always wanted to see Frank Lloyd Wright things while we lived there . . . but never did).

If you are looking for a good read, I recommend either one (but go in order, of course) and enjoy! Don't pick them up on a day you need to do housework, however, or you might get caught with your book read and your housework left undone. Like me.

2 comments:

  1. saw those books at the taleisin. the robie house is awesome along with everything else he does.. you will have to come back and see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Chasing Vermeer. Such a darling book and a great read for your kids!

    ReplyDelete