“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Why we love humidity

Curlies!


A few weeks ago while I was driving home from dropping kids off at school, a thought came to me . . . .
"I should go to the track in the mornings."
I have been twice--it works pretty well. It is an asphalt paved track at the end of the school property. A & B use it during gym class. Caitlin and Diana liked playing there--Caitlin runs almost the whole time. So far so good. I don't always go the pace I want, but sometimes I do. Diana and I sang "Once there was a snowman" and other songs as we walked together.
I took these photos on Friday after we got home from the track. It was very humid.

Other random tidbits:
Yesterday Andrew went to a birthday party at the Waco Zoo. Since Nathan didn't go with us last year, he took everyone but little E and I. They had fun and ran into our neighbors from around the corner. I enjoyed a couple hours of distraction free sewing. No finished skirt, but I do have half of this blouse made, (view A if you were wondering). I am hopeful it's wearable and photo worthy! If it is, will you vote for me in the contest I am going to enter? (More details on that when I enter).


The mama bird who built a nest in our tree in the front yard hatched her eggs this week.

Ed wins for first teeth at the youngest age. Both bottom middle teeth poked out through the gum this week. It's too early!

I substitute taught R. S. today and titled my lesson "Persist in Doing," which comes from this quote:
"That which we persist in doing becomes easy to do; not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do has increased."
It's true.

On Monday, I helped can 14 pints of beans. 9 kidney and 5 pintos. Beautiful.

4 comments:

  1. Love those curlies! Wish we could come to the track with you. So glad you posted which view you are making for the shirt.. I was wondering. You definitely will get my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. every mother's dream is to have a cute little girl with curls like those! beautiful!

    and i loved that quote you just shared. who said it? i'm open to all the inspiration i can get my hands on right now as i prepare for the baby...contracting lots, but no baby yet...stay tuned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also wish I had a track nearby . . . after walking the dog, I am a fan. Pushing the double stroller not so much a fan.
    Love the curls!
    You are busy with projects- you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about keeping the pace you want. I've had to let that go too. Let's just stop and smell the flowers!!

    ReplyDelete