“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Have you heard our news?

"It is my privilege this morning to announce three additional temples, for which sites are being acquired, and which in coming months and years will be built in the following locations:
Fort Collins, Colorado," President Thomas S. Monson.


At this point, I screamed, so we didn't hear the locations of the other two. Nathan calls it shouting for joy--but what I call it is not being able to contain my excitement. Tears quickly followed. When we decided to move here, one of my hesitations was the location of our temple--still close but too far away to go very often. Having a temple in our very city is almost too good to be true!

Nathan is excited about the second temple, as well, Meridian, Idaho, since he grew up in the Meridian South Stake.

Finally, after being reminded to thank Heavenly Father for having a temple here, Andrew prayed,

"Heavenly Father, we thank thee that we will have a temple here in Fort Collins, so we won't have to have the long, boring, two hour drive to Denver."





(If you want to see it live, click HERE, the announcement begins about 1 min 45 seconds).

6 comments:

  1. Yes, I was with an investigator at the stake center, so no screaming allowed- but I have an audible "gasp" for you guys! (and then another one for the shock about Meridian). lol
    Well, it's people like you guys taking that 2 hr drive to Denver that got you your temple, so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I am thrilled for you, and my tears started flowing quickly too. I was thinking Meridian sounded familiar as well. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so blessed to have these two new temples come into our family!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about you guys instantly when I heard that, too! :) They have started building the one over here 3 mins away from our house, too.

    ReplyDelete