1)Sometimes I wonder if teaching myself to sew is going to be worth is. This week, my friend Katie showed off a jacket she finished.
Can you believe she made that?
Someday, I hope to be able to fit a garment well. She has thousands of hours more experience than I do. Need to overcome some roadblocks, ie perfectionism.
2) Christmas card saving (scroll WAY down to see how they keep them). I did this over the weekend. I've been saving cards for a long time. I chose the best photo from each family over the years and finally have a place to keep it. I must have more photos hiding somewhere . . . . . Enough room for family photos in the back. All my kids looked at it yesterday. We will swap them out next year when we receive new ones.
3) Enjoying the 100 days at Modern Quilt Guild: color, shape, everything!! I love modern quilting.
4) Best mail day since Christmas on Saturday. Received BYU magazine and my copy of Slow Cooker Revolution in the mail on Saturday. I find cooking at 4 pm challenging, so I am going to add more slow cooker options to the regulars. I want to use it every day this week. Barbecued Chicken breasts tonight. Later this week are: Chicken and Dumplings, Slow cooker applesauce, and Loaded Baked Potato soup. There are lots of steps . . . . as always with America's Test Kitchen. I need to lighten the after school burden. Plus, 10 or more recipes made with dried beans. I love cooking with dried beans.
I fully acknowledge I have way too many recipes.
5) Finished 13 rounds of dominoes with good friends. Only the 3rd time in history we've made it through all the rounds.
6)Middle school open houses.
7) New earrings. My ears are sensitive, so I've worn the same pair everyday for 14 years. I bought some sterling (less than $7 at Claire's) and they don't irritate. Finally, variety!
8) The girls helped me plan the dresses I will sew this year. Caitlin agreed to wear the existing baptism dress, so a new one isn't in the plans.
9) Hilton's Oatmeal Raisin cookies. BEST EVER!!!! Even better because I didn't bake this batch.
10)Treadmill at the community building. Has a room with glass windows for the kids to play in while I walk/run. Ed asks, "Mom, can we go to the workout room, please?" One of his most willing trips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment