“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

"I feel American"

Nathan's reply when I asked him how he felt after grilling dinner.


We bought the grill used from Craigslist for a steal of a deal. About 1/4 to 1/3 what it would have cost brand new. They threw in the grill tools, too, adding to the value. BUT, it was filthy and Nathan spent a long time cleaning it and getting it ready to use.

We've wanted a grill for a long time but were waiting to buy a home first.
Which is to say:
We bought a home earlier this summer.
And now we have a grill, too. (Family members know this already, friends around the U.S. do not).

One of the really nice things about our home is that the previous owners installed natural gas lines to the patios--to be able to grill without propane tanks. We would not have spent extra $ to install it ourselves, but we are happy to use it.

Come eat at our house--we now have a grillmaster.
And his helpers

 

4 comments:

  1. Post more pictures of your house! I'm dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will . . . but it's going to take some time. (More time than I want it to take. Right now it is just a large series of "before" pictures and my not knowing where to begin. I think when my kids start school again I will begin, somewhere.

      Delete
  2. We're coming back now that you have a grill!! Happy grilling day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Grilling makes that Colorado home ever more attractive!!! Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete