Thankfully, I have a sister who lives in SLC to help make this plan a reality. She let them stay and even wrote them a "thank you for coming" note when they left.
They spent Saturday morning at her home, but made their way to the city center for the afternoon, where they listened to afternoon conference in the tabernacle. Nathan mentioned wondering if Andrew would make it back when he left to find a bathroom in the middle. (Andrew did make it back, but never found the bathrooms--there aren't any public bathrooms in the tabernacle that I know of).
After that session was over, they got in line to wait for Priesthood session in the standby line, since they did not have tickets. A man approached, offered them two tickets and walked away. They got in!!!! Andrew called me from inside the conference center to tell me the great news.
Sunday morning they left my sister's house to go again, and went back in the afternoon to her home to enjoy the rest.
Monday morning they drove home via Provo, where they took a BYU tour. During the trip, Nathan saw one of his favorite mission companions and a handful of other people he knew.
![]() |
| Love this shot! Nice job, Nathan. |
I stayed home with everyone else. We listened at home for the most part, but Sunday we went to my mom and dads' and listened with my sister and our cousins. We had 7 children in the room and lots of coloring and resting under blankets.
I was surprised about the announcement of changing the ages for missionaries. It is inspired and I am excited for it. Bryn said, "Looks like you get to say goodbye to me two years earlier, Mom."
I shed many tears. I loved every message I heard. (I admit to napping on Saturday afternoon).
The following were very close to my heart:
It was a great weekend--one of my favorites all year. I will end my re-cap with this whiteboard artwork made on Saturday while she was listening. We had to keep it until they got back from UT so we could photograph it. Lovely colors.




We are happy to have conference-goers come and stay anytime with us. That is great that Bryn wants to go on a mission! I love Caitlin's art, too.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great idea! Glad they had fun. I love your traditions in your family.
ReplyDelete