“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Brownies and Layered Jello


 Bryn was very determined to make this layered jello dessert for her birthday. We let her at it and she did most of it herself. Dad helped a bit. She also decided that candles weren't going to work very well in jello, so she put them into brownies. Which were mighty gooey themselves. We had a couple of friends over, pizza, and a very good time.
We found our recipe at ourbestbites.com

 She talked about making this dessert again next year, but decided she probably won't. (It looks better than it tastes).
Gift bags included notecards, rubber duckies, a stamp alphabet and a stamp pad.

We let them create for nearly an hour.

She wasn't really working here . . . this is a posed photo.


Grateful this day for Bryn.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Good work on the jello. I have never planned far enough in advance to make a layered jello. Looks like a fun celebration for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have planned so far out either, but Bryn did. She's been thinking of it for a long time. And talking about it since September. I'm proud of her for taking it on--it was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryn's layered jello looks delicious. Interesting...we are making a layered jello for Christmas dinner tomorrow. (the first time we have tried it) I started it Sunday evening, and I still have 4 layers to go. It might have a few fewer layers than originally planned. :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete