“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother Hen


This week I joined my dad and sister Jennifer in celebrating my mom. For the past year, she's been the President of the hospital volunteer association. It's been a lot of work. She loves it and will miss it, but it's kept her very busy. On Thursday there was a luncheon to honor her and welcome in the new president. For her outgoing gift, she received a Hobby Lobby chicken shaped birdhouse. The chicken is a tradition--but my mom is a great mother hen.


This Weds, mother hen will be getting a new right hip--which will help her move better than she has in many years. Yeah for moms, and especially mine.

Keeping it real: The menu at the lunch was an Asian chicken salad. When I started mine, I noticed many large and strange mushrooms in it. Mom leaned over and asked what I was doing with mine. The lunch was pretty fancy, so I wasn't sure if I was breaking the rules, (actually I'm pretty sure I was breaking the rules), but I transferred about 5 of my mushrooms to her plate. I ate one, and left two. Thank goodness she was sitting next to me and was willing to take my 'shrooms.

1 comment:

  1. Fun post. Fun to see. We miss being part of family events.

    ReplyDelete