Monday was my b-day, and I asked Nathan to take the day off.
We went to Red Rocks, to show the kids. It is such a great structure and I don't know if there will be a concert I ever want to take all of them too. We spent about an hour looking around and in the museum. For fun I took pictures of the list of people who played at Red Rocks in 1975. Some I know, some I've only heard of.
![]() |
| Horribly blurry, I know but if you click the photo it will get big enough so you can read the names. Mom. |
We went piano shopping and ate lunch at a nearby park. It was perfect weather. We made it home in time to take Caitlin to an appointment with the orthopaedic doctor. This time she got a removable cast and we'll go back in one week for another x-ray. It looks pretty good.
We ate the best grilled burgers of the summer, and finished last year's frozen peaches with ice cream for dessert.
Tuesday there was a LOT of rain. A nearby town got 4 inches in about 2 hours and had some severe flooding. We had a lot of water, too but not the flooding. Bryn went to a nursing home to do a talent show for YW. Tuesday night Nathan & Andrew worked on Cooking merit badge requirements. We canned 18 pints of black beans, but only 17 sealed.
Wednesday morning was the Lego Movie at the summer $1 movies. They had 3 sold out theaters! Our friends were able to save seats, we sat in the perfect row and used all of it except 2 seats. Later that afternoon, the BYU Idaho dancers gave some dance instruction to the 12-18 year olds, so I took our friend, his cousin, Andrew & Bryn. Their mom kept the other 3 at home with her little ones. It was fun to watch Andrew & Bryn get well outside their comfort zone. If I'd taken pictures, they would be banned, but I didn't have my camera. Later that evening, the dancers gave a free performance at a nearby high school. I took the girls on a date to watch them.
Thursday evening the girls and I had another date. Some friends were starring in Seussical, so we went to watch them. It was a great production & fun to know some of the cast. Andrew babysat for some boys in our ward so their mom could come, too, and I think he was happier to make money than attend.
Friday night we had a ward party at a park. Perfect weather, ultimate frisbee, and fun chatting with friends.
Most of our day times this week were fairly lazy. That was intentional, because the pace picks up next week with appointments and shopping to get ready for school. Even though I say lazy--it isn't really. Everyone practices piano and has jobs to do--walking the dog or taking care of homes/yards while friends and neighbors are out of town. Band camp & piano lessons as well.
Saturday we planned to get up early, but that didn't happen. We worked on our finances & around the house.We watched BYU gymnastics as we made dinner. I let Ed fall asleep in my bed.
Sunday is fast Sunday and then another week!
(2 weeks of summer left).






No comments:
Post a Comment