
One of my greatest struggles is overcoming procrastination. Too many options for spending my time. I can easily rattle off 20 things I could do before the bus comes, and that's just today. Usually on that list there are some things urgent, some things important, and 14-16 others.
How do you overcome it?
What are your tricks?
How do you eliminate the good but not so important?
I was going to tell you what I am procrastinating, but it was too painful, maybe tomorrow.
Just kidding. It is Accounting 200, a class I am taking independent study from BYU. I have a long history of independent study classes. The first one was while I was a student, it was Math History. (um, can you think of why I might procrastinate that one?) I waited so long that I had to pay an extra fee to extend 3 months. I will never do that again because it was the easiest math class I ever took. Since then I have taken a couple of classes, mostly in education. I am running out of those, however, and when I called the UT recertification people they said since I am in math, accounting would be OK.
This is the year I need to re-certify to teach, and so I have been accumulating points, but not quickly enough. So accounting 200 has my time, at least until I finish the next section, then I think I will blog again--to reward myself! Maybe I'll make up a quiz for y'all. Seriously I can't use "y'all," except in print, I don't quite pronounce it right. I almost said, "fixing to" yesterday but stopped myself in time.
UGH, I can tell by my writing about TX vocab that now I am procrastinating the end of this blog . . . hope to have more to say, soon. Until then, Accounting 200!
independent study classes are SOOO hard to finish! good luck! p.s. read my book review post and give me some new books.. i have had a back luck streak finding good ones.
ReplyDeleteI think the Texan spelling is "fixin' to" ; ) I would never be disciplined enough to take a correspondence course. I am not even disciplined enough to do my dusting without some sort of incentive . . . speaking of procrastinating . . .
ReplyDeletey'all has its place, it's nice to use plural "you" some time rather than you guys, but DON'T start saying fixing to! my mother in law uses that and some others and they drive me crazy, and confuse claire. haha
ReplyDeleteThanks Tara for daring to tell me what you procrastinate. I don't dust really, I only vaccuum up dust. My floors here get SO dusty. I think it is because our front room is wood floors rather than the dark green wool carpet.
ReplyDeleteYou are right, it is "fixin'"