“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

Sharing


Have you seen this?
I loved it and wanted to see if I could learn how to post it on my blog.
Enjoy if you haven't seen it yet.

Speaking of temples, these are the ones I've attended:
Denver
Provo
Salt Lake
Jordan River
Timpanogos
Manti
St. George
Logan
Las Vegas, NV
Boise (Where we got married)
Washington, D.C.
Albuquerque, NM
Chicago, IL
Columbus, OH
Nauvoo
San Antonio, TX
Dallas, TX

Oh, the places I've been! Moving around has its trials, but this is one of the hidden blessings!
I find great meaning in the temple and miss having one close. I feel a real connection with the temples in Denver, Provo, Salt Lake City, Boise, Chicago and Nauvoo, IL, because these are the ones I've attended most frequently.

These words by Howard W. Hunter in Oct 1994 are some favorites as well:
"Let us be a temple-attending and a temple-loving people. Let us hasten to the temple as frequently as time and means and personal circumstances allow. Let us go not only for our kindred dead, but let us also go for the personal blessing of temple worship, for the sanctity and safety which is provided within those hallowed and consecrated walls. The temple is a place of beauty, it is a place of revelation, it is a place of peace. It is the house of the Lord. It is holy unto the Lord. It should be holy unto us."

ps Wishlist: Someday I will to go to the Boston, MA, Palmyra, NY, and Madrid, Spain, temples as well, other cities with special meaning to me. Hoping for a temple in Wyoming, someday, too.

1 comment:

  1. The movie is great! I saw it on the church's website the other day. That is a pretty good list of temples you have been to. Come visit me later this year and you could add Draper and Oquirrh Mountain!

    ReplyDelete