“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

First USB drive for my children



Last night I tried desperately to send Bryn's first emailed assignment to her teacher. She is in second grade.

The assignment was "All About Me." You could label 10 photos on poster board. Or, you could make a PowerPoint presentation with 10 slides, labeling your photos there. In the computer lab last year, Bryn was introduced to PowerPoint, and she has played around with it a little bit at home. It was no surprise she chose PowerPoint. The slide pictured above is her "Title Page."

For some reason, I could not send the presentation. Perhaps the PowerPoint file was too large? Who knows? Each of the 3 emails I sent without the attachment worked, each of my 3 attempts with the attachment did not.

This morning I made a run to the store for a USB drive. The only other one that we own is Nathan's for work.

She did a great job putting it together. I felt two things:
1) Grateful for my education (I learned PowerPoint in college)
2) How quickly will I be running out of answers?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe that a second grader is doing power point. That's amazing, way to go Bryn! I am scared now- Odessa may never get to go to school if things like this (and worse- things I haven't heard of yet!) loom in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara: Don't be afraid to send Odessa to school! Just realize that her last minute shopping needs are going to be more high tech than yours were.
    ;)
    Isn't it crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't make a comment on the last post, but that wallet is so clever! I love it. I'm scared to death of sewing machines. They eat my projects. I really love reading about your successes!

    ReplyDelete