
I frequently feel a need for color therapy. Nothing works quite as well as a trip to the fabric store, but looking through my own fabric can work wonders too. The fabric came from my mom's stash, one of my favorite places to shop (or just window shop). Thanks, Mom!
This is called a Box Pouch, and there is an online tutorial for it if you want the link here.
It went together really quickly and is nice to have a zipper that is more functional than the last one I did. If you've never sewn in a zipper, this is a great place to begin. I started and finished all today, from shopping to completing! I love a finished project.
Tonight at our sewing group, I cut out the pieces for the final baptism dress, so that is moving along as well. You might not see it until after the baptism, but you will probably get a report when it is complete.
P.S. a little SEWING TIP:
At our last sewing meeting, our teacher said that we should change needles with each new sewing project. She sews a lot, and so probably needs to change that often. I don't sew nearly as much as she does, but figured since I couldn't remember the last time I changed a needle, it was time. I put in the new needle for Bryn's blue dress, and noticed a big difference.

Cute! It makes me want to make one, too.
ReplyDeleteThis looks great. I am so happy to see you following presserfoot. Thanks for sharing and great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun design, inside and out. Nice work, and thanks for the tip on changing the needle.
ReplyDeleteit's adorable! way to go Beth.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy seeing your posts of your sewing projects, although you made me realize how a slacker I have been.
ReplyDeletep.s. yeah for big pictures!