Have I given you this recipe yet?
Award Winning Cornbread
1 1/2 C Flour
1 C Cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 C Sugar
1 1/2 C Milk
2 Eggs
1/2 C Oil (Canola)
Mix, Stir, Bake at 350 for 30 min in a greased pan. Enjoy!
It's a good thing I didn't post anything yesterday. I was frustrated about Caitlin's Dr's appointment that I completely forgot to go to. I was in tears when Diana and I had a skull collision at her naptime. I have my first "goose egg" in years. And I was in a panic about Bryn turning 8. (My children's birthdays are always hard for me). But this morning, there is the smell of cornbread in my kitchen and the world is right again. She requested it as part of her lunch. I told her no last night during the midst of the stress, but when I woke up this morning, I thought "Why not?"
I got this recipe from companion on my mission. I can't believe they sold cornmeal in the Canary Islands, I never saw a native use it. I think I've made this recipe over a hundred times in my life, it is one of my favorites. Hope it becomes one of yours.

Sounds kind of crazy in TX. I also love the cornbread. It is moist, unlike most cornbread I have ever eaten.
ReplyDeleteOOOoooOOOO Delicious!!! I need to make this!! Remind me, where in Texas do you guys live?
ReplyDeletemmmm sounds delicious. sorry about a rotten day. glad i'm not the only one that finds comfort in food now and then. :) can't wait to make it!
ReplyDelete