“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Do it daily: updated

What are some of the things you DO every day to have your house (and mind) run smoothly?

One of mine is dishes washed. If they are not washed by the end of the day, I can't sleep.
(believe me I've tried . . . . like last night. 4:14 a.m. wide awake . . . . .)

(Update)
Another of the things I have to do every day for a peaceful night sleep is make sure there is bread in my house. As long as I have at least one loaf that is available for use, I can sleep soundly. But if not, I will be up at 5 am driving to Walmart to buy some, or in my kitchen trying to grind wheat quietly to make some. Not my favorite places to be at 5 a.m. 

One of mine is NOT sweeping the floor. I've never been up at night due to crumbs on the floor.

Just wondering.

(Confession: I have been known to hide dishes in the oven if they aren't done and someone is coming over. This usually doesn't work out very well because I forget they are in there and turn on the oven . . . melting something plastic. So I try to use this only in emergencies).

3 comments:

  1. The dishwasher works really well to hide dishes too. That thing fits A LOT of dishes if they don't have to be stacked for washing:)
    If I had a better schedule my house might run smoother and my mind would be clearer.
    I do like to keep Chlorox wipes on hand in the bathrooms to keep things cleaned. I would hate for someone to ask to use my bathroom and have it dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do sweep the floor daily, or nearly daily! I am worried about the floor getting scratched from chairs getting pushed around, so I generally sweep at least once a day, sometimes more if I feed my kids things like rice or crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering if mine was bread today Beth! But I think dishes and floors are top of the list. My carpeted dining room and rugs don't get vacuumed every night, but if they were hardwood or linoleum, they would! Something about crumbs on hard surfaces . . . .

    ReplyDelete