“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Made to order

Today was Caitlin's made to order day.
Her wish for her birthday was to go on a bike ride alone with Dad.
Wish granted.


She also wanted blueberries and blueberry yogurt for breakfast. DONE.
School lunch for lunch. DONE.
(It was pizza-which I didn't know when I agreed to it).


Dinner was pizza, which was decided months ago.
She surprised me by eating supreme.

Instead of cake, cinnamon rolls.

We had these two along for dinner, opening presents, and dessert.

They were happy about hand-delivering the card instead of mailing.

A great day!

One last shot of her (albeit blurry) in her "lucky" shirt.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a fun birthday for Caitlin! Your cinnamon rolls look wonderful, Beth. I have never been able to make a batch of cinnamon rolls come out so big and light and fluffy. How fun for Geroge and Jean to be there for the celebration. I hope our package arrives tomorrow. The post office said that it should have been delivered today. Sorry about that. :( The picture of Caitlin and all at your kitchen table reminds me of your Temple kitchen table. Didn't that kitchen have a white chair rail too with red paint below the chair rail? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful your parents are there!! It just hit home how close they are . . . even though we have already talked about it. Sweet bike! Do you guys own that? Awesome. Happy Birthday to Caitlin. Does the shirt get retired or handed down now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love the idea of a made to order day. It looks and sounds like a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a perfectly special day for her! you need to read a children's book called "yes day!" we just ordered ours from amazon recently. it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a big girl she is! I miss Caitlin! What a special request of her birthday wish, she's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete