“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Throw it out TH

Nearly every day when I wake up I feel overwhelmed. Actually, I usually feel great for a couple of minutes until the barrage of thoughts about commitments I've made and things I have to do floods in.

I don't have very good systems in place for taking care of paperwork. Clothes that are too big and small, and clutter in general have been bogging me down, too. And then there's the shoe closet. If I showed you a picture of it, you would die. Perhaps I will take a before and after picture of that one.

I am de-cluttering.

I named TH, "Throw it out TH." I will make an effort every TH to declutter my house, brain and life.

I started in the laundry room but didn't stay long . . . . . then I moved to paperwork.

I threw out 7 expired vehicle insurance policies.
(Ha, ha, ha, how many do you have--hopefully less than 7).

4 copies of summer activities in my city.

Found a $10 gift card that belongs to Andrew.

Have a small load to take to Goodwill. (DONE).

And I feel happy--like I made headway instead of just worrying about it.

(Still have a missing library book that I might be paying for soon--can't find it anywhere, and I need another recycling bin in my office, and my email inbox has a lot of emails I can delete).

If you join me for throw it out TH, let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm inspired, Beth! Now to make the inspiration turn into action...do you think there's hope for me? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of having a day of the week to work on it. Maybe Keith can come find the library book. Will you have to pay before the 29th? I actually am very impressed at how little clutter you have in your home.

    ReplyDelete