If you are my kids, you've been watching movies for the last week and a half. Today was a pizza party, and tomorrow is the last half day. I wonder what they will watch tomorrow??
Yesterday I decided to celebrate my last naptime peace and quiet with a little sewing. We found out Nathan has a Priesthood training meeting when the scheduled serger class is, so I figured I could ask for a little extra help to figure out my serger by myself, if I skip the class and send him to the meeting. But I can't skip the class and have my serger sit idly collecting dust.
My goal: Thread the serger
My time limit: About 50 minutes
I did not make it or come anywhere close to it. BUT, finally last night while Nathan ate his dinner at the sewing machine table next to me, I got it to work. He missed dinner and I couldn't sit at the table any longer by the time he arrived. (That table, anyway).
I am pretty sure I made every possible mistake. Which means I never have to make those mistakes again. Tonight when I boldly switched threads from black to white, that whole process took 10 minutes. So thankful it will never be my first time again! The next step is to cut out the fabric for the pattern I am wanting to experiment with . . . . . maybe tomorrow, during the little break I get during morning cartoons in the post-breakfast peace and quiet . . . .

I promise never to show a threaded machine on my blog again, (unless it takes me over an hour).
I am so jealous I wish I had a serger!
ReplyDeletewow, that's amazing. I wonder what the dad toy equivalent is to a Serger?
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Beth!
ReplyDelete