“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tremendous

"You did a tremendous amount of laundry today."


There's noting like a couple of days in bed to teach gratitude for the ability to lift, bend, and twist.
Remember this?
(I know it has a different title, but I will always remember it as the "lift, bend, twist" talk).

My favorite part of laundry is hanging up the clean mens' dress shirts. When I was a girl, I remember hanging my dad's shirts on a doorknob to help my mom. She taught me to do it quickly and carefully, so they would not wrinkle. I remember feeling happy that I was contributing. I still hang up shirts, though more frequently now. I still love it.