“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Charlotte's Web


Loved this audiobook.
The edition I had was read by the author, E. B. White. There are a couple of classic books whose quality and universality I would like to approximate, and this is one. There was an Afterword as well that said this book has sold over 8 million copies and gave some history about the story. One night on his family farm, E. B. White attempted to nurse a sick pig back to health, lamenting that it was going to die anyway. That was a key event in choosing a pig to be one of the main characters. It took him 2-3 years to write this story.


1 comment:

  1. I have a list of books I want to re-read, and this should be on that list! Love your new heading picture. And Chadwick read "Bling" (Bing? Bang?) by Malcom and really enjoyed the book. He doesn't remember foul language, but it pops out much more easily when heard vs read. Thanks for the book ideas!

    ReplyDelete