“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meet Edwin

The most thoughtful gesture during my delivery was when my OB told everyone in the room, "Since they don't know the baby's gender, let's have Dad tell mom what it is."
That detail meant so much to us--and she let us share it. Thanks, Dr. P!




Nathan and I both preferred a boy this time, but didn't realize just how much until he was born.
(We are both pleased Andrew has a brother).

When we called my mom to tell her the baby had arrived, we didn't tell her the gender until she got to the hospital. She picked up Andrew and Bryn from school, and had been home with Caitlin and Diana.

When they walked in, I said, "Andrew, do you want to be the first to hold your new BROTHER?"

I love the moment when siblings meet. It is quiet, loving, and feels like sacred ground.





 


Edwin means "wealthy friend." I call him Ed.

"True wealth is really the love of our families, the confidence of friends and neighbors, and faith in God.
The poorest Saint in the Church who possesses loved ones and is following the Savior's path is incomparably more wealthy than the one who has untold wealth."            Joseph F. Smith

9 comments:

  1. Beth, you amaze me - what a beautiful documentation of a beautiful event.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me cry to read it! What a neat experience for you and your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you wrote about Andrew and his NEW BROTHER! We are very very happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these beautiful pictures. They are so blessed to have each other as companions for their lives' journeys. We can't wait to meet Edwin in person! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely pictures! So tender. Congratulations! I know what you mean about a brother for Andrew. It is so nice! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan and Beth. We are so happy for you. I didn't realize you were so close to due date time - we have been pretty preoccupied with our own little new grandson - also an E (Ethan). Love your blog and your meaningful, sweet expressions of love, gratitude and humor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie!! I love his name, congrats again! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Hunt family! He is absolutely darling! My great grandpa's name was Edwin, I love the name! It's such a strong, solid name. I'm so glad you had another boy. You guys are the picture perfect family!

    ReplyDelete