My little Ed helped me retire from Cub Scouts, at least for now. It is a bittersweet change.
Scouting includes all the skills I want my sons to have, and is an organized way for them to achieve these skills. I love the memories I created with Andrew and his friends. At one point, half my scouts came from single parent families. These single mothers are great heroes.
I learned to be ready for the meetings 30 minutes before they started, because that is when my first scout(s) would arrive. The activity pictured above was in December, when Nathan spent the first few minutes teaching them how to tie a tie. Some of my favorite activities: kickball in our cul de sac, Day Camp 2009 (I thought I would never live through this in the 100 degree heat with morning sickness), field trip to the fire station, charades, marbles, woodworking, and the opening and closing songs from each meeting.
We sang:
I am a Child of God
Teach Me to Walk in the Light
America
Love at Home
How Firm a Foundation
The Star Spangled Banner
Choose the Right
Boundless energy and potential sitting behind those ties.
Sam, Brenton, Trent, Spencer, Andrew, Dakota, Ricky, Connor, Seth, Mason, and Austin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a great post! Good for you and Andrew for doing it. I don't know that you are fully retired - probably more like a leave of absence.
ReplyDelete