Since starting my new part time job (nursing), my sewing machine has been running a lot less lately. This week I did have time to sew on some cub scout patches, however, I have resorted to showing off quilts from long ago. In this case, this quilt was sewn in the Fall of 2008, shortly after moving here. One of my friends was having her baby in November. I offered her a choice at her baby shower:
either a gift card, or to help her sew a quilt for her first daughter.
I stole the design from a JCPenney catalog of cute baby things. She chose the fabrics, and we cut, ironed, and sewed it together. Honestly, she did most of the work. All I can remember sewing is putting the horizontal rows together, and the binding. (Oh how I love hand-sewing the binding to the back side). She tied the quilt with her mom after the baby was born. The backing fabric is the same as the binding. I love how it turned out, I would use this design again. It is easy to find 3 coordinating fabrics you love, cut squares and sew them up. It was fun to work on it together.

This is beautiful! I wish I asked you for help to make a blanket for Eli. I have been wanting to make one since before Eli was born, and I still haven't gotten to it yet.
ReplyDelete