I have a lovely covered patio right out my kitchen door. It is sadly underused.
This visitor might be one of the reasons why.
(Yes, this is a photo of a DEAD snake right out my back door. . . too close for comfort. The fact that he was dead doesn't make me like him any more than the live one that was in my driveway last spring).
I have a self diagnosed case of ophidiophobia, keeping me in good company with Indiana Jones. This is surely related to the greater case of herpetophobia I also suffer from. Thanks to wikipedia, I have learned the "severe emotional reaction" I had during this experience was normal for someone with my condition(s).
And thankfully, I will not be at this address in September again. But I might have to leave before the visitor's mother comes looking for him.
END OF THE STORY:
I PUT THE SNAKE IN A GARBAGE BAG THIS MORNING. HE'S BURIED IN MY GARBAGE CAN, JUST WAITING FOR HIS DRIVE TO THE DUMP. GONE . . . OUT OF MY LIFE FOREVER!
WHEW!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What about a fear of insects? I am sorry you found this snake, that must have been very traumatic! Thank goodness you are leaving the land of creeping crawling things. That's how I have always thought of Texas anyway . . .
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry about the snake, Beth. I found one in my basement one time. I think Nathan took care of it for me. Hopefully he will do the same for you. :)
ReplyDeleteI sympathize with your phobia, my mother has herpetophobia (thanks for the wikipedia lessons) and she can't even stand to see them in pictures, she used to threw the books in the air when she discovered them unexpectedly. So you are very brave to take pictures, and to blog about it. Did you kill it?
ReplyDeleteIn our house here in Phoenix, I have to deal with scorpions and centipedes. I have to look up what kind of phobia that I would be categorized into...