Saturday, October 9, 2010
NCTM 2010 Regional
This weekend I went to a regional conference for math teachers. It was great!
I go to keep my teaching certificate active. This year I attended presentations on MathCounts, NASA, using the TI-NSpire calculators, Google Sketch-Up, using Video games to teach mathematics, assessment, making geometry relevant, keys to successful teaching, conversations in the classroom, etc.
Some classes were better than others--I came home with ideas for things I can do NOW to improve my children's mathematical literacy.
Mom and Ed came with me . . . . I was happy to have their company.
We ate bagels and peanut butter sandwiches so I could afford Little India for dinner.
Chicken Tikka Masala . . . so good. I could eat Indian food for a long time without getting tired of it.
Why the bear? you ask.
It's public art. I guess he wants to see what's up at the convention center.
And I discovered this innovative idea, too.
(If you live on the west coast and you are interested in public transit, that link is for you).
Glad I went.
Glad to be home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

ummmm, does that mean us? LOL
ReplyDeleteStephen LOVES the idea of bike sharing. He has talked about it once in a while, so cool! Thanks for sharing the website!
So glad you got to go get some CE credits. Sounds great.
Sounds great! I am glad that you went, and that it all worked out.
ReplyDelete