When I was almost done with my mission, I was blessed to serve with one of my best friends. We started a tradition that I've kept until today: the Favorite part of the day. At night before we said our evening prayer, we'd take a minute and list some favorite part(s) of the day. Maybe that's how she became a favorite companion. I love asking my kids and husband that question--and then telling them mine, too. It is a nice way to end the day.
Try it sometime soon.
Today my favorite part of the day is the quiet time I had alone with Bryn. She threw up this morning and spent the day in bed. In the evening, Nathan took the other kids to run an errand (Jumpstarting his car--which wouldn't start earlier in the day at a friend's house--but I digress).
I stayed home with Bryn and we read stories from the Friend magazine that arrived yesterday(a Church magazine for kids--if you didn't already know that). She picked them out and I read, cried, and kept reading. She knows I am going to cry when we pick up that magazine, at least from time to time. She let me bring her water, a cool cloth, and rub her head. I loved every minute of it, and while I would not wish sickness on her, it was nice for both of us to slow down our typical pace and BE together. Her being home also gave us time for 3 games of UNO, of which she won 2. She has a long history of beating me at games, and loves it.
ps Andrew had the same flu on Tuesday and it only lasted 24 hours, so I expect hers to be gone at 7 am tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a nice story (although I hope Bryn is feeling better).
ReplyDeleteI've wondered about how to have alone time with Ada and/or the following children. Stephen and I notice they are completely different kids when apart from each other. I think it's important to experience that once in a while!
What a nice post. Thanks for the sweet story. I hope I'll pick up The Friend and find a cozy corner with Anna and then find a cozy corner with James and the UNO cards.
ReplyDelete