I found Andrew's book just in time: 102 Creepy, Crawly Bug Jokes" reappeared today. I was tidying up my bedroom for some guests we will be having over the next couple of days and I found Andrew's joke book. I also found these little holes in the wall of my closet. I saw 5-6 holes, but they were crawling with about 20 termites.
What kind of bugs get splinters?
Termites.
Andrew's kindergarten teacher gave him a great boy joke book at the end of his first year of school. It has come in handy on a few occasions. I read every joke tonight looking for more with termites. That's the only one. I could use more.
I don't really like bugs, or any other thing that lives in my space that isn't supposed to be there. Like the lizard in the apartment on my mission, or various spaces I lived in Chicago with mice. Add termites to the list.
Our termites number well over 20. (I know much more than I want to know about termites after talking to the first pest control guy who came to make an estimate). They come up through the ground into the wood in your house through "tubes" which you can see on the foundation of your house if you have them. They found 11 tubes on my house today.
It's a great day to be a renter and not a homeowner, even at my age. I might go on vacation when they come to fix it. He said that if you find 3 tubes or less, you can spray outside the house and that should be enough. But in our case, they will have to drill through the foundation every place there is a plumbing hole to fumigate the ground beneath. Every sink, faucet, shower, tub, toilet, water heater, etc. I might never come back.
This post is mostly for my dad, who I called in a panic when I found what I thought were maggots coming out of my closet wall. (Nathan was in clinic treating patients, probably with maggots, and didn't answer his phone. That is another story for another day. Maggot therapy. I will just say that they use it, and it works.)
Thank goodness it's not maggots and only termites. There really might be a first time for everything. When was the last time you said to yourself, "Thank goodness I've got termites!?"
Oh my goodness, I know how much you hate bugs. I really, REALLY feel for you on this one. Are you going to make Nathan break it to the owners? He's good at telling people bad news I bet. "I hate to tell you this, but your toes, I mean house! has termites".
ReplyDeleteYuck! It is a good situation to be a renter. You can come visit if you want.
ReplyDelete