“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

99

Andrew's number at the temple yesterday.

This summer our temple opened the doors to the youth for baptisms. Between 7 am and 1:00pm on weekdays they are able to go with or without a group to do baptisms. This is a huge blessing because it is at their convenience and can be much more frequent than the 1-2 scheduled times per year. They have averaged 100 youth per day since making this change. The number 99 means he was 99th in line. 98 others came before him and a handful came after.


Yesterday my mom & I took Andrew. It was her first time with a grandchild in the temple, and my first time with one of my children, and Andrew's first time with both of us--a special day. (His FIRST time was earlier this year with Nathan). One of my nieces stayed with the other children so we could go.

One of my first spiritual experiences was in the Denver temple, when I went with my parents. I am not sure where my siblings were . . . . but it was a special time I will always remember.

I love the temple and am excited to share it with all my children. I feel happy that so many youth choose to spend their free summer hours in this way. Many of the young people were with their mothers. I saw one father and one bishop. Some came with siblings, others with friends, and some probably came alone. It was very inspirational. If it were closer, we would be there more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment