Perhaps the most beautiful gardens in North America?
(At least of those we've seen).
I give you the Chicago Botanic garden. At least one year we lived in Skokie we had a membership to the Botanic. It was worth every penny. I remember meeting moms there with little children, taking grandparents who came to see new grandbabies, and enjoying every minute there. (When we moved to P.R. I think we let our membership lapse because of the distance).
We went on Monday morning. It was threatening rain, but fairly cool. We had less than 2 hours, but we did it. So much we didn't see--here's a snapshot of what we did:
 |
| This walkway is the most beautiful place in the garden to me. The symmetry, line, texture, shape--it's perfect design. |
 |
| From the other side |
 |
| Think one of my girls took this one |
 |
| I wish the internet could let you smell this--so fragrant |
 |
| "Take one of the pink lilies, Mom!" |
 |
| In the fruit & vegetable section |
For us, the Botanic Garden experience includes the train garden. We were trying to re-create a photo from long ago here:
 |
| In time to see Mt. Saint Helens erupt |
 |
| Just a few days ago, the big boy was little. Now a new little boy at the train garden. |
A large army keeps the botanic garden looking awesome. I appreciate their work!
I wish I had a really great camera and a whole day--I could spend it here.
No comments:
Post a Comment