“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Asian Slaw

Recipe from our Elementary School cookbook 2012-2013

Dressing:
3/4 C oil
1/2 C sugar
1/4 C white vinegar
2 packets seasoning from Chicken Ramen Noodles

Salad:
1 package broccoli slaw
1 C sliced almonds
1 C sunflower seeds
1 small bunch green onion, chopped
2 pkgs. Ramen noodles, (NOT COOKED), broken up into chunks

Mix dressing well; pour over salad. Let sit for 2 hours before serving.



MY CHANGES:
1/4 oil, 1/4 sugar, 1/4 vinegar
No Ramen seasoning. 1 tsp salt instead.
1/2 C almonds, 1/2 C sunflower seeds.
1 Package Ramen noodles
Cilantro--1/4 cup or so
(Didn't try this time, but I think rice vinegar would be great. Also red pepper).

I've seen this salad before, but it was cabbage instead. I prefer it with the Broccoli Slaw since I am not generally a fan of raw broccoli but like it this way.
My husband commented, "This is my favorite use of broccoli slaw."
Will be taking to all the summer "bring a side-dish" events.

No comments:

Post a Comment