“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Navy Pier: Chicago 2013

There were a few (hundred) things on my to-do list when I thought about where I wanted to go in Chicago. Our pace as a family doing anything isn't very fast, so I had to pick carefully. One thing I'd always wanted to do was go on the Ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Overpriced and totally touristy--I still wanted to do it.

We arrived at Navy Pier at 4:00 pm and went straight for the wheel. The line was short. The worst part is that we had to take 2 cars-- a strict 6 person limit.
Dad took the boys
Mom with the girls (and the camera)

I don't really like heights. My palms were sweaty & my heart beating faster than normal. Worth it for the view!
Because the ticket guy convinced us to get a better price per ticket if we bought more, we had to go on two more rides. I took the littles here
And Nathan took the ones who were over 48 inches here

We went back inside for dinner and our timing was great, because it dumped rain for 15 minutes.

We took our time getting out of the city driving up Lakeshore Drive back to Skokie, to visit a neighbor.
How we love thee--Lakeshore Drive!
After our visit, we drove to a different friend's home to stay the night. She offered, so we jumped. One more sightseeing day in Chicago--one more post.

No comments:

Post a Comment