Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
This was very, very good. Fresh, light, and awesome. Try it.
I am not a fan of canned Sun-dried tomatoes, but when I saw a bag of dried tomatoes, I thought, "That's right up my alley."
[This link is the exact brand I bought, but I did not buy on Amazon . . . wonder if that's a better price?]
(I don't like the extra stuff that's added to the canned variety).
At 5:00pm when I still didn't have a dinner plan, this is what I decided to make.
Changes:
I soaked my 3.5 oz bag of tomatoes in 2 cups hot water for about 7 min.
The recipe seems to have left out the amount of nuts--I used about 1/3 C of pine nuts.
Omitted garlic.
Used green onions instead of sweet. Green onions are my fave.
3 of my children liked it . . . I think they were the only 3 that tried it.
Served with sugar snap peas.
So good.
Monday, July 1, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment