“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Chicken Tortellini Soup

Because I've mentioned this recipe 2 times in the last month, I am going to post it. It is from one of my mom's friends, and though it isn't copied word for word here, all the essentials are here. (IE, I TOOK OUT THE GARLIC).

Notes: You can easily keep everything in this recipe in your house--making it an emergency meal option with a great loaf of bread. Most of the time, I omit the onion & use "Better than Bouillon" rather than broth.

This is the perfect meal for when you have a leftovers from a rotissiere chicken, are wondering what to do with canned chicken, or are sick and have to make your own chicken noodle soup! Hunt family Favorite. Well, I still have to convince a couple of children that Tortellini are worth eating. Nathan and I like it.

Chicken Tortellini Soup
9oz pkg frozen cut broccoli, thawed
6 C Water
3—10 ¾ oz cans condensed chicken broth
1—10 ¾ oz condensed cream of chicken soup
2 C cubed, cooked chicken
1 C chopped onions
1 C sliced carrots
1/2 to 1 tsp. basil
½ to 1 tsp. oregano
7 oz. pkg tortellini
grated parmesan cheese if desired

In a large saucepan, combine water, broth, soup, chicken, onions, carrots, basil, oregano. Bring to boil—add tortellini. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Add broccoli. Simmer additional 5-10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Serve with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment