This post is dedicated to those who've listened to my many complaints about my current zipcode. It isn't as bad as my drama makes it seem. Unless it's August, and then, yes, it really is 95 degrees at 11:00p.m., and it's that bad.
I've lived enough places to know there are pros and cons to every place.
Here's one of our pros: Bluebonnets, the state flower. Our little town is nicknamed the "Wildflower Capital of Texas," and for the past 3 weeks or so these flowers, along with many others, have been showing their faces along the sides of the road. Today we made time to stop for the photos. By the way, Caitlin picked another flower, not a bluebonnet. We have one growing in our yard, but seeing one is not quite as impressive as seeing many together. This is on the side of a quiet Texas road, in the middle of somewhere. Click on the photos to enlarge and enjoy!
I've been hearing about the blue bonnets since Kevin and I started dating, but I've never happened to be down there while they're in bloom. I'll be there this week though, so I may luck out and actually see them. They're beautiful. Nice pictures of your kids!
ReplyDeleteMy dad was excited to see Nate last night at the Pristhood Session of Conference. We sure miss y'all. :)
Great pictures, Beth! Caitlin's hair is short. Reminds me of Bryn's hair the summer we were in Nauvoo together. If Caitlin keeps cutting her hair, it may come back in curly. That's what happened to Emily, and you know how curly her hair is now. Up until she was about four years old, she had straight blonde hair. Then one day, she decided to cut her own hair and when it grew back in, it was curly!
ReplyDelete