This morning at breakfast, Caitlin said, "Diana, what's your favorite color?"
Diana replied, "My favorite color is PINK!"
I thought it was the first time I've heard her string that many words together, and she said it with passion. PINK!
Later at lunch, however, she proved me wrong when she said
"I want the pink ones."
She was referring to her supply of Easter jelly beans on this occasion, but this phrase is also used for the dress she wants to wear every day or her favorite shoes.
And later again at naptime, "I get out of bed."
Less amusing.
I guess there were more five word sentences than I thought . . .
p.s. Thanks, Kim for the idea of using a number for my title, and Danica for this new category of topics to share--"Heard at the Hunts"
pps. One more accounting quiz to GO before my final. Tonight I made a little chart of what I have to score on the final to get a B or a C in the class. At this point, an A is out of reach. But I can have a very bad final and still pass, so I am content with that. I used to be a straight A kind of student, but that was many moons ago. We used canned chicken tonight, I think I was at the computer for at least 5 hours today, so we had Chicken Tortellini soup and bread for dinner. One of my favorites--so easy and delicious.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the idea of "Heard at the Hunts". It would be fun to be there to hear it in person, but at least we can still feel involved this way. I also love freezer jam, and reading your blog made me want to make some.
ReplyDeletevery cute! I am sure you are feeling like we are (maybe even more so) that we just want to freeze Ada at this age. The things they say and do are just so dang cute. We wonder what on earth we would do without her.
ReplyDeletewhen i read "Five" i was kindof thinking you were announcing your little "E" baby..
ReplyDeletefor another day i guess. i hope to beat you to that punch :)