“Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it;
and this path is virtue, uprightness, faithfulness, holiness, and keeping all the commandments of God.”
Joseph Smith

Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Traditions

Disenchanted by large scale egg hunts, we've done a family egg hunt as long as I can remember. This year, for the first time, we were able to move it outside! We have close to 50 eggs which we re-use each year. The sports theme eggs made their debut this year, because I am the shopper and love them.

Nathan hides. Whoever finds the yellow egg with spots gets to hide the "adult" eggs, which are larger in size and fewer in number, (4). Since Nathan worked last Saturday (the day we usually hold our egg hunt) we had it last night, for Family Home Evening.

Bryn was the lucky finder last night, so she got to hid eggs for us. Nathan found 3 before I did, but was kind enough to let me pick it up. We fill ours with chocolate and jelly beans. Diana asked for jelly beans at breakfast, hopefully I'll get her to wait until after lunch! We missed having Stephen and Tara, and our cousins Odessa and Ada at this year's egg hunt.

For our lesson, we used this visual aid that Diana brought home from nursery, read a few verses from the New Testament, and sang "Jesus Has Risen." It was a great, short lesson that I think we'll use next year, too.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. yah, we just watched out the window while tons of kids descended on the park next door for the mega hunt. We don't like those either! we missed you guys too- I tried to implement the adult egg tradition but it didn't happen this year. I just have to steal from the kid's stash. maybe next year. we decorated last night for Family Night because I waited until yesterday to buy a dyeing kit on sale- ha ha.

    ReplyDelete